Monday, December 19, 2011

Master Bedroom Makeover

 Since moving into our new house I have been wanting to spruce up our bedroom a bit. It's great how just a few simple, inexpensive changes can do the trick. I thought it would be a fun Christmas present for Andy too - he was out of town last weekend, so it was the perfect time to throw it all together.
In October I found new bedside tables, a pillow, a lamp and a few other accents at Ikea. I have also been pinning lots of ideas on Pinterest. One idea I saw was to use a shelf instead of a headboard. I thought this would be a nice change. I found the shelf at Hobby Lobby, repurposed a few frames with spray paint and did the Grow Old With Me painting (another idea found on Pinterest). We already had the candle sconces. I was really happy with how it all tied together. The yellow painting is my newest work that I did in November.  
The metal "love" I bought at Hobby Lobby also. It was black so I spray painted it gold to make it stand out more. Yay for spray paint!

I found the letters and scrapbook paper at Hobby Lobby (love that store!) and Modge Podged them. 
I found the wire photo holder at Pier One. 
 The small lamp is from Ikea and the small table I found at a local craft show, An Affair of the Heart, this fall. The painting above the chair is one I did several years ago. I still have plans for the empty wall space by the lamp. I also want to repaint the white cabinet that I bought back in college, but for now we are loving our freshened up space! 

1 comment:

The Goforths said...

Great ideas! Looks very nice!