Friday, March 2, 2012

Katers


Katers is one of our nicknames for this sweet girl. Her little personality is blossoming more each day -- Here are a few things I want to remember about her right now (2yrs, 8mo):
*She talks very specifically & in complete sentences all the time - If I ask her if she wants milk she will say, "Yes, I do want some milk." or "No, I do not want some milk." or "I really really want some milk." She says "really really" a lot :) It's funny how precise she is with her words. 
*One annoying thing she has been doing is taking her sheet & matress pad off her bed (although maybe this phase is over because she hasn't done it this week - crossing my fingers :) She also will sometimes completely strip down, diaper & all. I came into her room one morning last week & she was naked. She looked at me & said, "Mommy, I took my diaper off & I took my pjs off & I need to go potty." I asked her if she had peed in her bed & she said, "Nooooo, I did not go pee in my bed Mommy." (And she hadn't.) Hilarious. 
*Last weekend Andy & Michael went out of town. Kate kept asking me, "Mommy, is Michael at school? Or is Michael asleep?" When I told her M & her Daddy were on a trip she would say, "Oh, Daddy is on a trip and Michael is on a trip." 
*That same weekend I accidently called Kate one of Michael's nicknames, Bub. She said, "Mommy, I am not Bub. I am Kate." At dinner that night she was eating her favorite - mac & cheese & green beans - she told me, "Mommy, I do not put my mac & cheese on the table. And I do not put my green beans on the table." 
*After meals she has been telling us, "I messy Mommy. I messy."
*"Oh No! Mommy! I got applesauce all over my sock!" Are you ok? "Yes, I am ok."

No comments: