Saturday, September 11, 2010

Kate is 14 Months! 9-2-10


After Michael had such a great day at school on Tuesday, I decided he would enjoy going on Fridays too. Fortunately, our school had an opening in his class for Fridays, so he will go 2 days a week! He loved it again yesterday, while Kate & I had a great time too! I am looking forward to having this day each week to spend some quality time with Kate. I just haven't had the 1 on 1 time with her like I did with Michael. I enjoyed watching Kate play with her favorite book - "Soft Shapes - On & Off" (This was Michael's favorite book at this age too!)
A little about Kate at 14 months -
Her current words - uh-oh, hi, bye bye, mommy (ma-me), dada, Matthew (ma-to), thank you (th ew), ball (ba), dog (da)
Signs - more, all done, milk; we are working on eat & water - she really likes watching Baby Signing Time.
She officially pulled-up on Sept. 8. She also pushes her legs straight when she is crawling. Michael never did this, so it is entertaining to watch. Michael walked the day before he turned 14 months, so it will be interesting to see when Kate walks.
She is a great eater & still LOVES milk - She watches me while I pour it & reaches her hands out and signs 'milk.'
She is cutting her 1 year molars BIG TIME & has been in a lot of pain.
Overall she is very content and very social. She loves to be read to. She also loves to be where Michael is - she follows him around & loves playing with his toys :) Yesterday Michael was frustrated with her & he started swinging his blanket at her. Kate was just sitting there, letting it happen without any fuss. I told Michael to not hit her with his blanket & to tell me when he needs help with her. A few minutes later he came up to me & said, "Mommy, I'm really having a rough day with Kate." Ahh, the joy of siblings :)

No comments: