Sunday, April 29, 2012

My First 5K!

This morning I ran my first 5K in the OKC Memorial Run - "We Run to Remember" with my good friend, Tracy Norris. It was hard but so much fun! The run was downtown & began right by the Memorial. I've heard that at least 25K people participated! Wow! I've been doing the Couch to 5K program since January & I NEVER dreamed I would do any sort of running event. Running has never been my favorite form of exercise. We ran it in 40 minutes & we were so proud of ourselves! We plan on doing another one together! Unfortunately I only have blurry phone pics :( 
 Waiting to start - 6:30am - People as far as the eye could see & the new Devon Tower in the background! 
We're ready! Let's do this!

 Almost to the FINISH!!! Once we saw the finish line we sprinted to the end!

I love my medal with the Survivor Tree on it - a beautiful reminder of all who served, suffered & lost on April 19, 1995. 

1 comment:

The Goforths said...

What an accomplishment!