Sunday, April 29, 2012

Such a BIG Girl!

We are so proud of Kate! She is doing AWESOME with using the potty! We had tried potty training last fall - she did well but then really regressed, to the point that we decided to put everything away & revisit potty training later - later as in late May or early June after our schedule slowed down a bit. But a little over a week ago, I was getting her dressed for the day & she told me she wanted to wear big girl panties. I decided to run with it! And I'm so glad I did - she knew she was ready! Friday & Saturday were fine with just a few accidents. Since Sunday she's only had 2 accidents & has been dry all night since Monday! YAY! I am one happy Mommy! On Tuesday evening we took her to Toys R Us because she had finished her potty chart - she picked out a Minnie doll. Now Minnie has been with her at all times! 
We also turned her crib into a toddler bed last weekend. She's tested the limits on getting out of bed a few times - During nap time earlier in the week I didn't hear her talking anymore so I peeked in her room to make sure she was asleep - ha! She wasn't in her bed & I noticed her closet door was shut with the light on. I opened the door & she was sitting down with all her "friends" lined up around her - "Hi Mommy! I'm playing!" She wasn't too happy with me for making her get back in bed :-)

No comments: