Sunday, August 19, 2012

Michael Starts Kindergarten! 8-17-2012

 On Thursday Michael was one excited boy - he told me, "I'm so excited about kindergarten that I want to touch the ceiling!!" After rest time he told me, "I'm going to go lay out my clothes for school tomorrow! I can't wait to wear a collared shirt!" He colored a picture for his teacher, helped me wrap her back to school gift & got his backpack ready. Before bed we read "The Night Before Kindergarten" & then he started talking excitedly about riding the bus. Andy & I told him we would take him in the morning & he was SO disappointed - haha :-) When we told him he would be able to ride the bus home at the end of the day, he was much happier. 
My sweet friend Erin printed this cute sign for Michael to hold. Kate wanted to be in a picture too & she wanted to go to school - she kept asking me if she was going to school.
 I love this picture in front of his school - He was SO excited and seemed so confident!
 It's really fun that Michael & Molly are at the same school :-)
  Michael has Mrs. Branch. She seems very sweet - she is new to WI but this is her 4th year to teach in Edmond. She read "Mrs. Bindergarten Gets Ready For Kindergarten" when the kids got to school Friday morning.
And there he is...our big boy getting off the school bus! His face was glowing, he was so happy! I never really pictured myself letting my 5 year old ride the bus. But we are in a really unique situation with our neighborhood being so close to the school - almost every neighborhood kid rides the bus & they all love the bus driver, Ms. Brown :-) I asked Michael what his favorite part of the day was & he said, "Recess! And riding the bus!!" He also mentioned that he loved making "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" trees but "We had to let them stay at school because they have to dry." When Andy asked him how his day was, he responded very enthusiastically, using his arms, "It. Was. AWESOME!!!" We are looking forward to a great year :-) 

1 comment:

abigail said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.